"Smart" street lighting is a sure step on the way to a "bright" city
In today's reality, when electricity tariffs are rising every year and the cost of street lighting is more than a third of all expenditures in the structure of housing and communal services of the city, the issue of energy savings is becoming increasingly important. Therefore, it is not surprising that some settlements in Ukraine today invest in "smart" street lighting, which is one of the main components of the national program "Smart City", can significantly reduce the cost of the city budget to pay for electricity consumed by street lamps. And this is achieved through the use of energy-saving and adaptive equipment.
In other words, during the installation of street lighting, special LED lamps are used, which are simultaneously equipped with controllers, motion sensors and connected to the network of automated control. As a result, when there are no objects in the illuminated area that need light, it is either minimized or completely turned off. Of course, at the moment of appearance of the person or the vehicle illumination of the territory is restored again.
So, it turns out that modern LED lighting can significantly save electricity consumption, and hence reduce city spending. So, if your goal is a truly bright, bright and safe settlement, in this case, the strategy of "smart" street lighting - just for you. And in the Stolb.com.ua company there will be all necessary equipment for its realization.
"Smart" street lighting: a little history
Although the first attempts to create automated lighting systems were made in the 80s of the last century, but smart technologies in the form in which they exist today, appeared only in the late twentieth century. However, they did not become widespread then. And only 10 years later, embodied in LED lamps, they received a "second breath". Therefore, the existence of "smart" lighting should be counted from about 2010.
After some time, LEDs have virtually supplanted both incandescent and fluorescent light sources. Moreover, they began to expand the field of automation. And all because such light sources began to be equipped with special communication modules that allow you to interact with operators, controllers and ordinary users at a distance. It is not only convenient, but also cost-effective.
Today, along with LED lamps, various sensors, dimmers and controllers are used to implement certain programs of "smart" urban lighting. Although, they can be controlled with the help of modern gadgets and programmable intelligent systems.
Modern smart street lighting: its main advantages
Unlike traditional street lights, "smart" lighting has many undeniable advantages. Namely:
- While at the time of failure of a traditional lighting device will require the departure of the repair crew for a full physical inspection of all equipment on the line, using the program of smart lighting of the city is quite different. The signal about malfunction of this or that "smart" lamp will arrive automatically. And all thanks to the fact that the system independently monitors the technical condition of the devices, entering the information into the database. Such remote monitoring saves not only time for repairmen, but also money needed for fuel for detours;
- Suspended street lamps of usual type work irrespective of external conditions. Whereas installations included in the system of "smart" street lighting, automatically respond to the length of daylight, change of day and night and even precipitation. Due to this, it is possible to minimize electricity consumption at night, when there is a decrease in traffic activity on the city streets. Or, conversely, it is better to highlight criminogenic residential areas;
- The process of maintaining traditional street lighting involves paperwork, which takes a lot of time and money. Using "smart" systems, this can be completely forgotten. After all, they independently control the situation, compiling maps of priority routes for repair crews;
- Even though all the old street lights are characterized by a high level of protection, LED lamps withstand external influences much better. Thus, if you place traditional lighting fixtures and smart equipment in equal conditions, the second will last an order of magnitude longer;
- Unlike obsolete street lighting, where energy consumption is estimated on the basis of electricity supply to the grid, "smart" lighting equipment is equipped with a special meter, which charges not the amount of energy supplied to the grid, but the part that is transformed into light and actually consumed .
From all the above it follows that the benefits of using a system of "smart" lighting of the city - a great force.
The main components of the system of "smart" lighting of the city
Wanting to keep up with the times and be a progressive seller, the company Stolb.com.ua offers consumers:
- Modular smart lighting system Schreder Shuffle. This is an ordinary lighting support. It is easily able to cope not only with the tasks of lighting streets and squares, but also to meet the special needs of citizens. After all, in each such column, in addition to the light source located at the top of it with a light radius of 180o or 360o, you can simultaneously integrate up to five additional modules. One of them can be a light ring. Because it immediately attracts attention, it can be used to manage public space. For example, a light ring that is in flicker mode can indicate the direction of an emergency. Another module of the system of "smart" street lighting of this modification - WLAN or Internet access point. There are two possible options for this element. The first - for small spaces (business centers and shopping areas) and the second - for city streets. A huge advantage is the ability to integrate into the smart lighting system Schreder Shuffle module with a compact CCTV camera. It will be much easier and faster to reduce crime and increase security on the city streets;
- Schreder Luco-ADP controller for the Schreder Owlet stand-alone lighting control system. This intelligent unit, located inside the housings of street lamps, allows you to adjust the intensity of light flux, thus providing maximum energy savings;
- Schreder Luco-NXP controller for Schreder Owlet remote lighting control system. Unlike the previous model, it is endowed with the ability to monitor the status of the LED lamp, the ability to control the level of power consumption, as well as the ability to remotely control. Interestingly, under the control of the Schreder Owlet based on the Luco-NXP controller, up to 120 lighting fixtures can operate simultaneously. In this case, they can even be broken down into subgroups;
- Schreder Luco P7 controller for the Schreder Owlet remote lighting control system. In terms of functionality, it is almost identical to the Luco-ADP with the only difference that the Luco P7 is mounted on the lamp body and has a built-in light sensor and GPS module, which not only greatly simplifies the process of setting up a system of "smart" street lighting, but and significantly accelerates it;
- Schreder Luco P7 CM controller for the Schreder Owlet IoT interactive lighting control system. Attached to the body of the lantern from the outside, it can simultaneously increase the reliability of the entire system of "smart" lighting of the city, improve its operational maintenance and reduce energy costs by 85%. The main difference between the Luco P7 CM controller and all other models is the presence of an astronomical clock and an integrated photocell. The presence of these modules allows you to turn on the system not only from the control panel on command, but also with the advent of astronomical time. Most importantly, this smart city lighting control system has no restrictions on the number of LED lights installed in it.
Although the whole of Western Europe, Japan and the United States have long used smart technologies, thus saving not only electricity but also the potential costs of maintaining electricity networks, many Ukrainian cities for some reason are in no hurry to switch to "smart" street lighting. However, it must be understood that sooner or later it must happen. However, why not speed up this process and replace the old obsolete neon spotlights and lanterns, which shine continuously all night, with LED lamps with the ability to control the intensity of light? And Stolb.com.ua will help to introduce the latest smart technologies into the usual lighting.